JavaScript Warning

This site relies on JavaScript for critical functionality. Please enable JavaScript and reload the page.

If I have exceeded my pension allowance, what are my options?

If you go over your annual allowance you will normally face a tax charge. The excess contribution will be subject to your marginal rate of income tax (generally the highest rate at which you pay tax). The amount of the charge is determined and normally paid through the income tax self-assessment process.

For more information, please refer to our Annual Allowance Guide.