JavaScript Warning

This site relies on JavaScript for critical functionality. Please enable JavaScript and reload the page.

How do I update my name?

If you want to update your name, you need to send us this request in writing, accompanied by the relevant documents:

  • If you have married, we need your original Marriage Certificate or Civil Partnership Certificate
  • If you have divorced, we need the original Decree Nisi or Civil Partnership Dissolution Order as well as your birth certificate. We would also accept an original Deed Poll
  • If we are missing part of the name, we will need your birth certificate
  • For any other name changes, including a name change following a change of gender, we need an original Deed Poll

Please send these to:


PO Box 391


KT20 9FU